Blendle is a famous Dutch media platform. It allows users to read an article in digital format in exchange of some fees. This famous Dutch platform has started its operation in U.S. media recently. By doing so, it hopes to change the way online news is read. This is how Blendle works.
- You only need to pay a few cents to read an article. No need to have monthly subscription anymore. There won’t be any advertisements also; so, you can read the article without any kind of disruption.
- You can read reports from the major news firms like The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Economist, Bloomberg Businessweek, and many more.
- Newspaper articles can be read by paying 19 cents to 39 cents; on the other hand, the cost of magazine articles range from 9 cents to 49 cents.
- Blendle gets 30% of the total money and the rest 70% goes to the media outlets.
- Using this platform, Blendle can know about the preferences of readers and so it may recommend other similar articles to the readers.
- Studies are underway by the U.S media to use micropayments for digital consumption.
Just like music had its own platform Spotify and video had Netflix, journalism is now having it’s own platform Blendle. It’s a completely new way to get information.